Wednesday 8 April 2015

Stretch marks can be an utter pain...See my review of Viridian's Ultimate Beauty Skin Repair Oil


So I'm 30 weeks pregnant and to be honest I feel like a hippo. I can feel my belly getting bigger and bigger, which is great in a way because it means the little guy in there is growing. However one thing comes to mind is stretch marks!
Stretch marks affect a lot of people (men and women). Before I had my son I was lucky enough to have never suffered from them, however within the last few days of my pregnancy they appeared all over my tummy. I'll be honest I didn't take it well. I tried creams, lasers and even wanted a tummy tuck (which I was told I wasn't a suitable candidate for). At the time I just obsessed with them and wished that I had tried to prevent them. 7 years later they have really faded and I'm paranoid about them returning. I have met many people that have been bothered by stretch marks and I suppose many of us don't think about preventing them until we get them. 
Just over four weeks ago I was given the opportunity to review a few products by Viridian. 

One product in particular really stood out and that was the "Ultimate Beauty Skin Repair Oil".  I thought this is definitely worth a go and was also safe to use when pregnant.  I read the instructions, the oil was to be applied morning and night. Initially I thought this was going to be messy, but the oil came in a bottle with a pump, which meant that I could dispense it without making a mess.  So I started in the evening after my shower. I was so pleasantly surprised that when I applied the oil it was absorbed into my skin straight away and I could wear my clothes almost immediately, which was proving very handy in the morning! I didn't need tons of it either and as I applied it the annoying itch I had on belly disappeared, It was soothing and actually helped my sleep.

Before using the Viridian Skin Repair Oil, I was using coconut oil which was really messy and wasn't getting absorbed into my skin as well. I next looked at the ingredients and did a bit of research and found that the Viridian oil contained 'Rosehip fruit oil'. Rosehip oil contains a natural derivative of vitamin A which is safe to use during pregnancy. The more research I did about this stuff the more I found out it was hailed as a beauty miracle. It renews damaged skin and fights wrinkles and stretch marks. It's seems to be the beauty secret to the likes of Kate Middleton, Victoria Beckham and Gwyneth Paltrow. So if it's good enough for them it's definitely good enough for us!
It's been a crazy few weeks for me, dealing with a poorly child and getting my house ready to be attacked by builders and living in a dusty house without any ceilings. Most of my beauty rituals have gone out of the window but I have religiously stuck to applying the oil to my belly.  I haven't given up mainly because the relief I have been getting from my belly itchiness, how soft my belly has felt and the ease and the lack of mess in applying the oil.
I love the fact that Viridian is Organic and made without the use of synthetic fragrances or colourings and is an ethical company. I also love the fact that a little of the Skin Repair Oil goes a long way.

I have been using the oil for just over four weeks now and I'm still stretch mark free even though I have exploded! My Bump is huge.  I must admit I'm very fussy with my creams and on my face I use Creme de la Mer.  I am a cream snob so for me personally I have been very impressed with the oil and will continue go use it after pregnancy.


  
Viridian Ultimate Beauty Skin Repair Oil costs £15.76 for 100ml 
http://www.viridian-nutrition.com/shop/Ultimate-Beauty-Skin-Repair-Topical-Oil-P598.aspx

If you have any questions about Viridian skin repair oil, pregnancy or stretch marks, just Tweet or e-mail me!

Speak soon,

Minoushe xx

2 comments:

  1. This oil sounds amazing! Defo going to check it out for my stretch marks! Great review x

    ReplyDelete